Welcome Message.

Benvenuto! (Welcome!)

This month marks just over 1-year since my journey with weightloss, health, and fitness has started. I've decided to begin documenting the changes that I continue to experience as I lose weight, become more active, and try new things. During the past year I've gained a love and obsession for running, turbo kickoboxing, and yoga. I've run 1 5K, 1 12K, 9 Half Marathons, and 1 21-Miler in 4 states since October 2009... and I'm nowhere near finished!

Changing your life, though, can really sometimes be a very lonely experience. And this is where this journaling thing comes in: a public connection to what would otherwise be a private experience.

My plan is this: be honest. I'm going to be documenting the food I eat, the exercises I do, and all the other things that happen during this journey to help me succeed... and talk about how I overcome the failures that will inevitably occur as part of it.

I'm not giving myself an exact timeframe, just the ultimate goal of being where I want to be in the end.

So here I go... across the start line of the longest marathon of my life. Scared, but excited as hell! :)

Written Day 1: 07.01.10

Modified 1.3.11 to add new running info!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And now... time stands still

Last week I lost zero, zilch, NADA. So disappointing. But... I didn't gain either so I guess it's not ALL bad. UGH. It's hard not to get distracted from the ultimate goal... also hard to not over-indulge in a pity party starring me and my favorite junk foods.

So... back to the drawing board. I got a whole new menu for myself to choose from and am trying to be better about getting healthier calories in. Higher fiber and less cheese is my game plan for the next couple of weeks. I'm going to do my best to just stay focused. I spent the better part of last year figuring things out in my personal life that... well... were long overdue to think about. And it took a lot of my focus away from where it needed to be. I'm trying to change that this week.

Exercising is definitely the biggest blessing in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment